Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tama Hiyori

OhHaiDer :]


Really sorry about being late
Just a few more weeks
Maybe I'll even do a big series after all this crap is shunted out of the way
Who knows ;D
Anyways
Today I bring you
Tama Hiyori~


Tama Hiyori


Story & Art: Hiyohiyo
Publisher: Media Works
Rating: 18+ (NSFW)
Synopsis: (mangaupdates.com) As a boy, Taishi saved a tiny chick (as in an actual bird) that was being bullied by its brothers and sisters. And now it’s grown up into a hot girl who wants to cater to his every whim! Did we mention she lays eggs, too?


Art Review: 5/5


It's an epicly cute style. It's very pretty, and majority of the angles are pretty well done. The detailing is pretty amazing, and the censorship, no matter how obvious, is pretty good, I say. However the eyes (once again) kinda bug me out, especially Taishi's and Mike's eyes.


Story Review: Prolly one of the oddest ecchi I've ever read. And there are really odd things that I have read, trust me. And I knew just how this one would move along too with the first front page. On a side note: Those boobs could make someone go blind. Or the reason why there are so many blind people in the world. And we see where Taishi meets Hiyori.. She blushes when she sees him... Since when do chickens blush? Directly after that, Hiyori gets bullied by the other chickens. I don't really understand why, it's not like Hiyori has any lunch money or anything.. We can tell from Taishi's actions that he is going to be very chauvinistic, as he saves Hiyori from the other chickens. And upon my learning that Hiyori turns into a human, the following is my reaction: Whoa whoa whoa whoa... Whoa... Your chicken turned into a human? What kinda farms do they have in Japan? They must put something in the grain. And already, with the morning wood jokes. I know that happens naturally to people but I feel kinda sorry for Taishi.. Always getting blueballed by Hiyori. At least he doesn't get stuck in situations like this. Wait, she was just flashing him to... lay an egg? I know that girls have eggs inside them and they release one every month.. But this is NOT what they meant. And with the description they're giving it's something that might debut on 4chan.. Yeah, the manga seems dirty enough to have a 4chan reference tied to it. I don't wanna know if she actually manages to do that, but I have the feeling she actually will. Taishi's the man, though, ordering her around.. "MAKE ME BREAKFAST" But one minor thing that's bothering me about Hiyori making him breakfast and food in general, that I think the people who read it have noticed.. Hiyori's a cannibal.. She's a chicken but she made him everything with eggs in it.. Aaaaand not to make anyone's appetite lost for eggs (or their libido rise, depending on who it is..) she just laid an egg, after some NSFW shots. I wonder who gets off on this? Using egg laying as a euphemism for an orgasm. I assure you a real chicken laying an egg is not nearly as erotic and if you do find it to be as such there MAY be something wrong with you. It kinda made me laugh and smile at the same time (try not to imagine what that would look like) that the idiocy produced by Hiyori is somewhat contagious. Poor Taishi. And you know you have excessive fanservice when they have Hiyori trying to breast feed the baby chicken. Somewhere along the lines, this doesn't make much sense at all, but (paraphrased) as one man says to another,"Whatever gets her like that makes enough sense to me." When they lose Tama, they find her on top of a 20 ft pole. I fail to comprehend how a baby chicken got up there.. Did someone decide to be an asshole and say,"Hey look, a baby chick." *throws* It's kinda sad how Taishi is almost immune to being flashed in this chapter.. Hiyori climbs up a pole not wearing any panties to get Tama and all he has to say is that he's amazed that she somehow climbed up the telephone pole. I didn't know that chickens get fevers too.. What, is the next chick that is born going to have the ability to spew diarrhoea when it's sick? And since Hiyori's a chicken, I hope she isn't just going to go ahead and lay 12 eggs. That would remind me of the chicken version of that series 19 Kids And Counting.. (no seriously lady your vagina is not a clown car.) Ok, I'm relieved, there really isn't such thing as chicken - human puberty. I mean, human puberty is already terrible enough.. In the manga, before Tama learns English, all she says is cheep. That might seem cute in the manga, but can you imagine a girl screaming cheep all the damned time? I'm surprised no one arrests her for acting like a complete loony.  But now something has suddenly popped up in my head.. Where on Earth are Taishi's parents? Why is he allowed not just one but TWO random girls in his house? But that's not even the weirdest thing here (clearly). Sumitaka is not even going out with Taishi and and she knows already how she smells? He barely touched Tama while she was at home.. Going back to Tama's speech development, that's a very forward first sentence. "I want Taishi's thing!" You know, seeing in full body Sumitaka reminds me of Sakura Ganbaru from Street Fighter. She's all built.. I'm telling you, she looks like she could kick some ass, she does. Ooh, random mysterious feather, foreshadowing *dun dun dunnnnn* Ohohoho, ecchi, you and your oh-so-conveniently-loose-kimonos.. Loads of fun.. And speaking upon loose kimonos, one sure fire way to ruin the mood for your confession at the stereotypical confession place AKA. the cultural festival is to have a ninja sneak up behind you AKA. Tama with a mask. Not to mention she was asking for it, not wearing any undergarments while starring in a ecchi manga. Back to the foreshadowing, apparently you can go backwards in chicken puberty. Kinda reminds me of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Well, the laws of manga state that anything goes, I suppose. Taishi wonders to himself if they should make her wear clothes.. They make her clothes in the style she started in.. And for whatever reason, it looks like a S&M costume... Speaking upon gross, ugh, baby fanservice.. To what lengths will this ecchi go for fanservice? TO INFINITY, AND BEYOND~ And I told you Sumitaka would be kicking ass, she kicked a can to Taishi's head and it was an instant KO. Random cat on the roof, more obvious foreshadowing *dun dun dunnnnn* (see above) [yes, I'm that lazy] And I'm saying this again, Taishi's prolly the luckiest man alive. Two chicks always *ahem* greeting him in the morning. And yet they are so painfully naive. Ok, for a second when a girl by the name of Mike appeared I thought "well this manga can't get any stupider because I thought Mike was a transvestite. Turns out you have to just place the English name out of your head, it's pronounced Mee-Kay. Hiyori, even under school uniform you don't wear panties. Promiscuous much? And this Mike is pretty pervish. Somewhere in the world, someone else is reading this and is now pitching a tent. When Hiyori describes who molests her, however, I also thought of a bodybuilder.. And is now a bit more scarred than before. Sumitaka, you know you're a crazy cat lady when you bring your own cat to a swimming pool. I know cliff hangers are terrible in the first place.. But the way they worded this one just sounds wrong.. "His childhood friend, or his pet? Which will Taishi choose?" I don't know if this is some sort of childhood thing or a bestiality vs. Real life women. In an effort to keep Hiyori at a distance, Taishi says he loves Sumitaka. And she says thanks. What is he supposed to say, you're welcome? I love how the guys that get labelled as the "guys who harass the heroine" pop up more than once even though they got their asses kicked, even to the point of becoming side characters. Overall, this manga was ok, it certainly was very strange, it was a little humorous at times, but a little awkward, even when reading by yourself. I will warn you though, when I say it's NSFW, I really mean it is.


7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment