Monday, May 30, 2011

Egaku Nara Happy Ending

OhHaiDer :]


Dammit I want my sun D;
Anyway
Today I bring you..
Egaku Nara Happy Ending~ (quite a mouthful xD)


Egaku Nara Happy Ending


Story & Art: Ira Ozaki
Publisher: Shogakukan
Rating: 13+
Synopsis: (myanimelist.net) It's a story about Makoto Nosu and Yusuke Moriyama who have been together for 6 years since junior high school. They are about to finish high school and enter college so they decided to break up since they will be going to different colleges that's far from one another. What happens to their relationship then?


Art Review: 3.5/5


I didn't particularly enjoy this style. The facial expressions kind of remind me of Crayon Shin Chan, and for anyone who knows of this manga know that the art style is just crude, and it might be cruel of me to compare this manga, a cute shoujo, to a gross comedy, but that's just me, honestly. For this type of manga I would have preferred a bit more detailed art.


Story Review: I read the synopsis of the manga and thought to myself, "Oh balls, not ANOTHER one of these." There are a huge amount of manga that follow this story line, like Bokura Ga Ita (which is a similar manga you should take a look at~), but this manga is rather refreshing. Instead of the hardcore drama that usually partakes in this sort of manga, the feelings of Matoko and Yusuke are rather subtle and are not pushy and all up in your face like the girl/guy in your class with the depth perception problem who seems to be counting all the pores in your right cheek, breathing creepily into your neck and making you think that you're being hunted by an asthmatic vampire. I enjoyed that as they are 'breaking up' they seem happy as they remember their last memories together and are not like the typical shoujo protagonists where they just scream the other's name and cry for several hours and half attempt to kill themselves (sounds familiar? It should.) However I just can't take the last dramatic scene all too seriously because Matoko's crying noises kind of reminded me of a redneck's laughing. (hyuk hyuk hyuk. I shit you not that's how it was translated.) I really enjoyed this story, there's something about it that makes it so much cuter than other shoujos like this. I would have enjoyed, however, if the promise was not for 1 year, rather, if it was for 'if we meet again' and they meet again somehow with connection of a novel she wrote about her teenage experiences, and he reads it. Or something like that. But that's just me. Overall, a cute, coming of age story, that we can all wish that our romances would be as cute as. 


8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment