Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Onegai Twins!

OhHaiDer :]


That shade of blue burns me eyes.
Anyways
Today I bring you
Onegai Twins!~


Onegai Twins!


Story: Please!
Art: Akikan
Publisher: ComicsOne
Rating: Older Teen (16+)
Synopsis:(mangafox.com) Onegai Twins is a cute, incestuous love story between a boy and two girls who are supposedly his long-lost twin sisters. The story follows Maiku, Karen, and Miina. Maiku is a high school boy orphaned at an early age, now living in a house he believes is the house he grew up in.

Art Review: 4/5

An overall cute style. There's not much to say about it, except that I wished the mangaka would have spaced it out a little better, so that it's easier to read. Often enough I had to re-read the page so that it would make sense, although at times me having to re-read was on the pages with a tad bit of nudity and it sort of just made me look like a bit of a pervert. (I swear to you, I'm not as BAD as some people I know. At least I'm being honest, here)

Story Review: Since I've studied a wee bit of Japanese before my reading of this, the title both intrigued me and set me off, since it literally translates to "Please Twins!" The first 2 pages also set me off since there's a girl in a car, and then the guy driving randomly gropes her. The events that you are about to see are performed by professionals and should not be tried at home. ...no seriously don't try to grab some ass while driving, it might turn out worse than texting while driving. And Maiku makes a great impression, when Miina asks for directions you drive off while she's not looking. The student council president's kind of a creep, hiding in the cupboard, eavesdropping, with tea and cookies for whatever reason. Karen has this tear shaped monkey thing. It wasn't explained in the manga, so I'll ask now.. JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING FOR? *ahem* Anyways... Man, the Japanese and their European complex.. As soon as someone doesn't have the standard asian black hair brown eyes they are exotic. After Miina claims to be Maiku's brother, of course the Karen girl shows up and says the same thing. And what a way to introduce oneself. Say "squeeeee" and then pass the fuck out. I should use that to introduce myself for job interviews. Interviewer: So... Hilary. What do you have to offer to our company? Me: Squeeeeeeeeeee -passes out- Interviewer:.....you're hired! Maiku, you're awful, thinking that way about your sisters. Redneck much? He seems to be the sort to go to family reunions to pick up chicks. Speaking upon creepy, Miina's a creep, sliding under Karen when she has no clothes on to check for her gender. Karen tends to faint a lot so.. Bad visual.. (or good, depending on the person) Expanding on creepy, I know that this is a incest based manga, but I think it gets excessive when the gag of the manga is just some other guy who has the hots for his sister. What with the incest and all, it's dramatic because it's so forbidden and wrong, but it's a dumb way to make drama by having both girls randomly take off. Miina, such a sleeping pattern you have there. You know, people usually kick in their sleep or drool all over the place but I don't think anyone nearly goes to first base in their sleep. Tsubaki's a creep and so is the student council. Another council that invades student privacy. I'm starting to think that this is regulation in Japanese schools or something. I'm still confused about the Marie thing, though. All it says "no". That's terribly inconvenient for conversations. "Do you love me?" "No" "Don't you care for my feelings at all?" "No" "Why can't you see you're being a jerk" "No" "That doesn't make any sense" "No" (if you want to see how funny the 'No' thing seems to me, take a look at this and imagine this sound every time someone says the word no) There are a lot of gay jokes made in this manga too. So, as a guideline: This manga is only for the sexually secure. Maiku's like Darth Vader in this, he hits people without even touching them. You know, Karen and Miina's plan to dress like adults to fool the employers remind me of the stupid tendency for children to sneak into places by standing on each other's shoulders and wearing a large trench coat. And I bring this up again, what's with the security measures of these highschools? It's like every bloody school has an army. Even the students have kendo swords to beat the intruders with. You know, even though it would have been a great plot device to deepen the relationships of Maiku, Karen and Miina by giving them reflecting time in Okinawa, but noooo. They decide to bring in almost every character in existence into this scene. Hell, they even brought a flamboyantly flirty guy in a speedo. Karen at one point says that it's no use and Miina can't win against Tsubaki's breasts. She makes it sound like they are pro wrestlers and you're the wife telling the husband that you can't win (in case you haven't noticed I fucking loved Cinderella Man) So that's what they call losing their virginity in this manga. "Climbing the stairs to adulthood" Random dude, stop trying to get laid with your sister. Again. And these guys are lightweights. One beer=drunk enough for regrettable sex. Way to go Miina. Say "Don't worry I'm fine as long as I don't fall in the ocean" and then fall into it. That's like walking into a gang filled area and bidding farewell to your grandmum and telling her you'll be fine as long as you don't get shot and then someone caps you in the face. What an ignorant mother. Only figures out who her kid is by process of elimination. ONE HAS RED AND ONE HAS GREEN HAIR. HOW HARD IS IT TO REMEMBER YOUR OWN KID? What frustrates me even more is that they accept that so freely. I know that they are orphans and such but I'm pretty sure that if I told a white orphan that some random Asian guy is his real father I'm pretty sure he wouldn't believe that. The ending is confusing and basically a mind rape and I don't even know who is allowed to like who anymore. I would also have appreciated instead of 10 pages of weak comedy a little more insight on the minor characters.

6/10


No comments:

Post a Comment