Monday, April 11, 2011

Futagami Double

OhHaiDer :]


It got awfully warm in Canada.
This kinda frightens me
Oh well
Today I bring you
Futagami Double~


Futagami Double


Story & Art: Yabuki Kentaro
Publisher: Shueisha
Rating: 18+
Synopsis: (mangafox.com) Futagami Sousuke, 14 years old, is a normal student, wishing to live a normal life. But everything changes the day he sees a doppelganger of himself in his house. Since then, the girl he has a crush on, Amane, will introduce him to another side of his world he had no idea about, and it won't be anymore the dear peaceful days for Futagami.


Art Review: 4.5/5


I rather enjoyed this style of art. The girls are uber cute, the guys are well done as well, the ID's look spooky, as they were intended to be. Although I wish there were a bit more cool effects as they're fighting negative idea reincarnations, which sounds cool, and in turn, should look really cool.


Story Review: My one main issue with this manga is that this should have been serialised. I really liked this manga, it was well set up with the idea of ID, which is a manifestation of negative feeling. Although these ID sort of remind me of Hollows from Bleach. With the introduction of characters as long term characters, and the summary giving the idea it would continue, not continuing it was a great waste. Although I'm not entirely sure why this manga was rated Mature, there was only a couple panty shots. There are other mangas that clearly should be among the ranks of Mature and they are all 13+ or 16+, which absolutely boggles my mind at times, but I choose to ignore it because it's more pointless to figure that out than trying to answer the question,"Who came first, the chicken or the egg?" I also found slayer abilities pretty interesting, especially Sousuke's, whose ability is to control ID with a single touch. At times the fighting scenes seem to be a bit over-worded.. They must have spent all their time talking about the concepts of ID and their psychological aspects rather than fighting, which I find humorous, because that sort of thing never happens in real life. I can't imagine a gang fight happening in a dark alley somewhere, and the leaders of the gangs are talking to each other about their purposes all menacing like, and then they decide to quickly finish each other off in the next minute. There's not much else to comment on this manga, because it was a one-shot (tear tear.) Overall I really enjoyed this manga and I hope it gets serialised one day~


7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment