Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chibi Vampire

OhHaiDer :]


Good morning~
I know I keep saying I stay away from vampire mangas
But this is too ridiculous to be ignored!
Today I bring youu...
Chibi Vampire~


Chibi Vampire


Story & Art: Yuna Kagesaki
Publisher: Tokyopop
Rating: Older Teen
Synopsis: (front cover) Karin Maaka isn't like other girls. Once a month, she experiences pain, fatigue, hunger, irritability- and then she bleeds. From her nose. Karin is a vampire, from a family of vampires, but instead of needing to drink blood, she has an excess of blood that she must give to her victims. If done right, giving this blood to her victim can be a very positive thing. The problem with this is that Karin never seems to do things right...


Art Review: 5/5


I love this style of Kagesaki's. It's very cute, has good line art, it's very clean, and super appealing (as to why I got sucked in to pick it up. It was so cute~)


Story Review: My first thoughts on this manga. What the fuck? Just reading the summary fucked with my mind. Firstly, it sounds like they are describing a period.. Out of her nose. What does she do when it's her time of the month, stick tampons up her nostrils? Secondly, not only do they break the rule of vampires having to drink blood, they make them give it away to their "victims". What, do they just present it to them in a blood transfusion pack with a bow on it? Throw it at them and scream parts of the bible like ancient Catholics? I keed the Catholics... (not really) Anyways. Do they just give it to them, give them AIDS from the blood, and go, "My evil deed is done~ *sparkles*" But now that you think about it, I've never seen a vampire contract AIDS before, although I might suspect it due to all the blood that they drink. Besides, aside from actually getting AIDS, I've never really heard of people going "OH NO, THAT PERSON IS GOING TO GIVE ME A BLOOD TRANSFUSION! WOE IS ME T^T" Oh well, onto another point. Another thing with this summary, how do you fail to give blood to someone? You're a super powered vampire, you can catch the people you want to GIVE blood to (I still think that's a retarded idea, to be honest) with your super fast legs and strength. Do you try to sneak up on them in the dark with a needle full of blood, try to inject them but do something clumsy and inject it in your own eye? I think that they are trying to do this, but they kind of failed, if that ever happened. There are also a different number of things that confuse me about this manga. You still bite people even though you're giving away blood? I don't get it. Also, how does the blood gush out of her nose, when she doesn't even have a heartbeat? Many times in this manga they are implying that this vampire even has blood pressure. Doesn't that just make you human with huge teeth? Also at some points in the manga, a vampire can lose too much blood. There's supposed to be an equilibrium to this? But now to actual plot and characters in the manga. Karin's adorable. With her shyness and automatic blushing and what not. D'awwww~ However, she looks constipated when she's stressed about her blood rising. Which kind of results in me never being able to take that seriously. And at some points, when Karin blushes, it almost looks evil at times. Like that anime facial expression where they darken the section underneath the hair around the eyes. Just a thought of mine. The plot seems to flow pretty well for something confusing as this, and I enjoyed reading it despite not knowing what the fuck was going on.


7/10

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those manga I would never read because of the plot description and cover art. No matter what anyone says to me.

    Srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.
    I read the plot description
    Made a o. e face
    Nearly shouted 'what the fuck' in the library
    But it was cute...
    So I read it...
    Trippy..

    ReplyDelete