Monday, April 25, 2011

Deep Love Virus

OhHaiDer :]


I ate too much candy yesterday
Got into a sugar crash -u-;
Anyways
Today I bring you...
Deep Love Virus~


Deep Love Virus


Story & Art: Nagi Michiko
Publisher: Shueisha
Rating: (13+)
Synopsis: (onemanga.com) Mako and Haru have been friends forever. One day when Haru suddenly kisses Mako she starts thinking that this is a sign of a new beginning! However, soon after, Haru tells Mako that he has found a new girlfriend! How will Mako react to the news!?


Art Review: 3/5


I like the style, seems cute, but often times it's way too blushy. And I'm with everyone on this when I say... What the fuck is with the noses? Seriously. They look like shark fins attached to everyone's faces.. Or they all just look like this. *shudders*


Story Review: There's not much to say about this manga. This is not a typical shoujo, with the "first kiss rule", since it happened in the first 2 pages. Not only that, Haru is a complete dick about it, getting a girlfriend the next day and confusing the hell out of poor Mako. Honestly, if that sort of person existed in real life, I hope his blissful ignorance will get him AIDS. As you read along you see that it was a huge misunderstanding. What's with the drama in this manga? Shouldn't there be someone behind them playing an organ with dramatic chords? There's so much angst it makes me feel like I'm the mature one for once. Continuing on, it seems like Haru makes evil faces when he shows jealousy about Shun and Mako's relationship. What's he going to do, rape her? Speaking upon rape, I felt reading this manga was, and not in the sort of way where I feel like my privacy and personal space boundary has been wrecked. This manga was way too short, it seemed to build up to promise for a way longer and more dramatic manga, I was mildly disappointed that it was only 6 chapters long (also an indication of why I don't have much to say, despite being an opinionated person.) Overall, I found this manga cute, the ending was nice, and the daddy references somewhat reminded me of Tamaki from Ouran Highschool Host Club (a great anime you should watch otherwise you haven't lived.)


6.5/10

2 comments:

  1. I dunno, with a name like Deep Love VIRUS, you would think that some sort of std is involved... XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you have a point there
    Or at least a cancer or a disease of some sort to make it all dramatic-y and whatnot xD

    ReplyDelete