Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ane Doki!

OhHaiDer :]


Afternoon, all~
I'm so hungry, I think my stomach is going to eat itself.
Not physically possible.
All joking aside..
Today I bring you Ane Doki!~


Ane Doki!


Story & Art: Mizuki Kawashita
Publisher: Shueisha
Rating: 16+
Synopsis: (mangafox.com) Ah, the dream of 13! Kouta is our normal everyday boy, living with his fun-loving workaholic father. Lusting after the school idol in his class, playing games with his friend... there's nothing especially noticeable about him. But one day his father has to transfer to Sapporo and then appears a girl who volunteers to be Kouta's live in caretaker. And what a girl!
Everything about her is mysterious: her mysterious incredibly showy body, her mysterious interest in our boy, and her mysterious need to sleep in the same room...



Art Review: 4/5


The art style is not too shabby. Once again, I'm nitpicking at the eyes, only because in most cases they are too far apart, which almost gives me the impression I'm looking at an alien with huge tits. Again, harem mangas always need to be drawn well since the people who enjoy this sort of manga need to get off on how realistic it is.. I'm just saying..


Story Review: Harems are never really normal stories in general, but this one balances on the border of just plain creepy. What eats away at me when I read this manga is the heroine herself, Natsuki. She's just a super attractive pedophile, in a nutshell. Which does exist, most likely, not all of your pedophiles look like this guy or that guy. *shudders* Anyway, on the topic of pedophiles, Natsuki seems to be either really laid back with herself or she's trying to seduce a kid who's 4 years younger than her. Wouldn't a pedophile's life be easier if he could attract his 13-year-old boys with super busty chicks rather than just creepily offering candy to the ones passing by (get with the times, pedophiles! You're supposed to lure them with pot.) [I keed the children of today's society~] {Not really.} A common thing I find irritating with harem mangas is the fact that all of the characters are boring, and the plot is predictable. I mean, this manga is more of a ecchi romance, rather than an harem, but at least make the characters a little more exciting than the obituary in your local newspaper. At least SOME people are surprised when people pass on, this manga can be predicted entirely just by knowing who the characters are. It's totally obvious when rivals and obstacles appear, and the rivals are just boring anyway. Sakurai being the worst out of all of them, just a really conceited brat who finds out she loves Kouta in the end. What also ticks me off is Kouta's assumptions about Natsuki and the things she does. It's like someone telling the same joke over and over again, expecting us to laugh each time. There are tiny things, however, that I did appreciate. One being the Wii Sports reference. Reminded me of this video. And yes, I was half expecting that to happen and have one one of the characters die so that the manga would end faster. I also found it kind of funny when Kouta does suspect her of doing sleazy things, Kouta's father always pops up in his imagination. I'm very happy to see a child thinking so highly of his father. Overall, this manga was just stereotypical and boring, it kind of had a cute ending, but it didn't cover up just how plain this manga was.


6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment