Sunday, June 5, 2011

Santa Claus Panic!

OhHaiDer :]


If you haven't noticed with the colours
Yes, I'm going to be cruel
And make you guys miss Christmas with this post
Today I bring you
Santa Claus Panic!~


Santa Claus Panic!


Story & Art: Nana Shiiba
Publisher: Shogakukan
Rating: 16+
Synopsis: (mangafox.com) It’s the season of Christmas and companies are advertising their services more determinedly during these times. Yayuka accidentally picked up a flyer saying a Santa will give her a wonderful gift on Christmas if she calls that number. Not wanting to be alone of Christmas, she calls the number and prepares a Christmas feast for Santa but when the doorbell rang, there stood a very young and handsome Santa who happens to be a debonair host!


Art Review: 4/5


I enjoyed this style. It was very cute, which I suppose was intended. The guy was well drawn, but I didn't really like the design of the girl much. Her eyes looked a bit off and her hair looked kinda bleh. Half of the time when Yoshitsune was making moves on her I thought he was trying to fuck a child. I'm just saying.


Story Review: The instant I saw this title I thought, oh god, this is going to be really cheesy. And it was! But it was so cheesy it was cute. Not like another manga whose ending was so cheesy it rendered me lactose intolerant. I understand that it was a one shot and things had to move quickly but it seemed a little unnatural. Yayuka "accidentally picks up the paper" (really didn't look like an accident to me, she just can't READ.) Besides, if you read that they would have a guy dressed up as a Santa coming to your house while you're all alone, that's just asking a rapist/weird stripper to go there. And I knew it, this guy is a prostitute. A very handsome prostitute (if you didn't notice, that's an oxymoron.) But Yayuka is obviously too naive for such things. She hits him over the head with a frying pan (which was not by her front door, so I'm not sure how she managed that) when he tries to do his job. Or so I thought. All it took to seduce her was to indulge in her missing childhood memories for her to consider not rejecting him. Yoshitsune leaves because the time is up and then she does the predictable thing of running after him and he's still sitting outside. D'aw. And then she kisses him. D'aww. And then he says," This night has just begun." Why yes, since you are the number 1 host and you've had a multitude of customers before you got here, it shall be a long night.. of STDs. And no matter how cute this manga is, I still find it somewhat creepy that she sometimes referred to him as Santa-san when there was romantic tension in the air. It's kind of like a reverse of the song "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus." I should make a version for this manga, and title it "I Saw My Daughter Kissing Santa Claus, What The Hell, I Wasn't Gone That Long, I Was Only Gone For 2 Days, I Knew I Should Have Hired A Maid." Also, Yoshitsune, real love? You guys only knew each other for what, under 4 hours? All joking aside, I found this manga really cute, and it kinda made me wish for Christmas. But not fully, because in my books, Christmas<Summer. This manga was built up well enough for it to be a full series, but I understand that it wasn't. It was Christmas themed, what the hell else could you have fit in there? ZOMG Yayuka didn't celebrate Easter either and another bishie in a bunny suit becomes Yayuka's rival in love because she's that easy to woo..? Anyway, I enjoyed this manga, and if you want a tiny taste of Christmas along with a bishie, this is something you'll enjoy.


7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment