Monday, June 13, 2011

Marionette

OhHaiDer :]


Nom nom nom nom
Chicken Teriyaki.
The ninjas in the floor like it tew ouo
Anyway
Today I bring you
Marionette~


Marionette


Story & Art: Ren Hidoh
Publisher: N/A (How did it get out? I don't know -3-)
Rating: 16+
Synopsis: (mangaupdates.com[With my editing]) A short compilation of gothic manga. The Sinner of a Closed Garden is the story of a black bird who finally sprouts wings and escapes his prison. The Birdcage in an Underground Kingdom is the story of a vampire princess who falls ever more deeply ill and a strange young man offers to help.


Art Review: 5/5


Although the eyes get a wee bit creepy at times, I'm just a sucker for gothic, lolita styles that are cute yet scary and beautiful. I love the detailing, and the extra fillers look really awesome. 


Story Review: Since each manga was relatively short, there wasn't much to say about this manga. The first story is of a bunch of children who I assume all are in a clan whose goal is to reach the state of the black bird. I guess all these children died in vain and only one remains. The wording of this section is rather confusing and I think it's better in it's original delivery as a book (I don't know who the publisher is so the idea of it actually being a book is a little hard to imagine.) The story is tantalisingly deep and prompts the reader to try and think beyond the box because of the little plot content. This guy doesn't even look like a crow (who don't even look all that great either) They look like imps. Which wouldn't stray far from the point, mind you. Puberty for these black bird guys must suck, however, they just show one image of tiny little bone structures sticking out of the guy's back. "The look of it staining your hand was more brilliant than blood." Cause blood is really shiny. ...*looks for a knife* loljk Don't cut yourself, or I'll come and find you and kill you. ...That seems a bit redundant. Anyway. The second manga is about vampires. Unfortunately when you say vampires now a days you think of this sparkly retard. Hell, you don't even need to click on that to know what I'm talking about. We come in on the opening scene where the Princess is feeding on another vampire. I guess it is intentional that it looks more like they are shagging rather than drinking the others blood. And yes I suppose you can call is cannibalism because she only feeds off of other vampires. Some guy comes in and says he's disappointed. Yes, of course, Princess, no eating in the bed, bitch be getting crumbs in the bed. ...I don't really wanna know how that would be possible, anyway. And we learn that perhaps vampire blood is giving her a hallucinogenic feeling. Well that explains why.. Well, you know exactly where I'm going with that. The Princess later says that wilting like a rose would be the most beautiful way to die. Metaphorically, yes. Literally, no. She wonders greedily to herself why she didn't drink the blood of the human she fell in love with. Well I'm sure that you don't fall in love with something just so you can go eat it. That would get proper awkward when you get really hungry all of a sudden. Overall this manga was really cute and the plot was somewhat eerie. I really wish that these were not one shots and that they were serialised. Now, I'm going to go before I make another Twilight joke. *hurls up glitter*


8/10

1 comment:

  1. whats the name of the anime/manga?
    Synopsis?

    ReplyDelete