Thursday, June 23, 2011

Little Red Riding Hood Strikes Back

OhHaiDer :]


I'm extremely sorry
Really busy in that last week
But now I has freedom
-dances-
Normal schedule will most likely continue~
Anyway
Today I bring you
Little Red Riding Hood Strikes Back~


Little Red Riding Hood Strikes Back


Artist: Eiki Eiki (Huh?)
Author: Zaou Taishi
Publisher: Ichijinsha
Rating: 16+
Synopsis: Fuyuka has accepted Natsuki's love, however Natsuki is still retaining some distance. Talking things over with Akihito, Fuyuka manages to make clear her and Natsuki's relationship.


Art Review: 4/5


I really like this art, as expected of a yuri, it's very pretty. At times, the eyes are a bit over done, but overall well done.


Story Review: I found it cute that they used the theme of Little Red Riding Hood. But they didn't really stick with it much, and they stuck them in an all girls school they almost never seem to leave from. Predictable, though, every yuri I've read takes place in high school. Most girls in high school are just bisexual for show, or just bicurious if they are even thinking about it. This girl, Fuyuka, realises she loves her friend Natsuki and decides to take it one step further. Why is it that when someone mentions lesbian sex, they go to a library and read a whole bunch of books on it. It's not that complicated. I've never even gone to a library that has books on lesbians, anyway. Maybe libraries are homophobic. Doubt it, though. Another question, why is Fuyuka making such an evil face when she mentions that she is ready to have sex with Natsuki? I'm kind of scared. Natsuki comes to her house and sees her baby pictures. We see one of Fuyuka, with seductive eyes. That's just gross, honestly. As a friend once said to me commenting on a picture of a small child, "Loli loli loli, get your jail time here!" Fuyuka, I wonder what universe you're living in when you think that if you put two people in a room together who like each other, they'll immediately have sex. I know it's a manga and all, but you guys are not horny animals, that's silly to assume. Although a lot of people would applaud your enthusiasm. And somehow I'm even more terrified of this manga. Apparently Haruka is known to grope breasts with terrifying speed and has the nickname of She-Leopard. Firstly, I thought people liked to take their time with those sorts of things. Secondly, are you implying that only males are to be known as leopards?
See what I'm saying about the seductive eyes? Gross.
And Natsuki is the She-Wolf. You guys are none too subtle with the furry references. Also, since when was a leopard involved with the wolf from Little Red Riding Hood? Come to think of it, I think that story would be even more awesome with a leopard in it. Natsuki and Haruka start fighting and throwing name insults. Haruka calls Natsuki skittle tits. What the hell? Skittles are awesome. I know you're trying to call her small but I fucking LOVE skittles. Natsuki, your logic is kind of retarded. Why would Haruka be responsible if Akiho was hitting on Fuyuka? And always with a huge group of girls comes the drama. I would know, I go to an all girls school too. Akiho doesn't even look like a girl in half the shots that are here. I interpret her as a boy. Although that would be creepy and would satisfy the claim that there is at least one transvestite in every all girls school. I kinda like this yuri though. It's more realistic, since conflicts like this end up with people punching each other no matter what gender you are. Or maybe I just like watching people punch each other. Akiho concludes the manga with the theme of the story,"The wolf fell in love with the little red riding hood but couldn't eat her." You know, considering this is a yuri, you might not want to use that metaphor. Just saying. Fuyuka confesses her love to Natsuki,"I love you... IN A SEXUAL WAY" Serious moment ruined. Again, I'll mention that Fuyuka looks really scary when horny. I'm just glad this manga ended when it did. Overall, I enjoyed this manga, it was kinda humourous, and very cute, although I wished the location wasn't so predictable.


7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment