Sunday, March 6, 2011

Trinity Blood

OhHaiDer :]


It is I, posting another blog on this LOVELY Sunday evening..
Today I bring you.. Trinity Blood!


Trinity Blood


Story by: Sunao Yoshida
Art by: Kiyo Kyujyo
Character Designs by: Thores Shibamoto
Publisher: Tokyopop
Rating: Older Teen (16+)
Synopsis: (Inside book) In the distant future, civilization has been destroyed by a catastrophe of epic proportions.  Mankind is at war with vampires, an alien life form that appeared when the earth changed.


Art Review: 4/5


The eyes from this artist's style are a bit.. I dunno.. Buggy? So to speak. Despite that, I love the detailing in this manga. The cover of the volume I read was well done as well, I loved the rose and thorns theme. Without even reading the dialogue itself, you can see the emotion of the characters in battle scenes. 


Story Review: When they said catastrophe of epic proportions, they weren't lying. Although I have only read the 12th volume, since that was what was available to me at the moment and I can't be arsed to read the whole series, the manga flows well enough to be picked up and be understood at any part of the story (When writing this review on my iPod, somehow it replaces 'and be' to homage. Damn you autocorrect!) I don't know about others, but for me, I sometimes find the story and themes hard to understand as they are undertoned with Catholic religion references, to which I barely understand. This manga is a dark, gothic and gory manga that appeals to the deeper recesses of the human mind. A manga that leaves one wanting more with nail-biting cliffhangers. I recommend you read the whole series and to see what I mean for yourselves.


8.5/10

18 comments:

  1. I liked this one, but never finished it due to poor quality scanlations and lack of time. And now, if I wanted to go back to it, I would have to re-read a bajillion chapters to understand what's going on. And I don't know where I left off. D:<

    I thought the art was particularly good as were the character designs and detailing on clothing. The female eyes were more buggy than the men's, if I recall correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Happens with a lot of mangas that I read first with a REAL volume D:
    And they are, just a little xD
    I'm just really picky with eyes in general

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I don't necessarily like shoujo manga (it has to be really something special for me to even READ it). I don't usually like the art (eyes in particular). They go for so cutesy that it weirds me out.

    That and the plots are usually unoriginal and boring love stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, eyes are just terribly done a lot of the time > ~ <
    And that's true
    It's like North American teenage literature c,:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh don't I know it. XD I really can't stand romances aimed at teens. They're usually made of crap on a bun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....when you said crap on a bun I kinda imagined a chinese style bun with a piece of crap on it xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. But yeah. Absolute shite. With crappy, poorly written dialogue too. Sigh.... I should just stick to shounen stuff. It's usually very witty. Or incredibly stupid.

    ...Or both. XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I'll take you down you worthless bag of wind"
    Witty? xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, that falls under the second category: INCREDIBLY STUPID.

    ReplyDelete
  10. xD
    Well, obviously
    Then again as a shonen fan you must have noticed that the one liners and comebacks are always terrible and punny, makes me want to kick a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, they make me laugh! XD At them. And their terribleness. XD Some are better written than others. It depends on the manga. Fairy Tail is a poor example. One Piece is better, but even some of those one liners fall under incredibly stupid. A shounen that is really well written is Eyeshield 21. The one liners and comebacks are hilarious! It's my #1 favorite manga. And it's a SPORTS manga. About FOOTBALL. I started reading on a whim and was completely hooked! It has a good combination of comedy and drama, while not overloading you with sports-ness. I HIGHLY recommend it. The art is really good (though not so great for vol. 1 I must say. I think that the artist is a genius at colouring. Seriously.

    Also it helped me to get 100% on my test on the rules of football in grade 11 gym. XD HAHAHAHA! I'm so good. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hm.
    I'm not huge on sports manga.
    They bore me to tears
    Also reminds me of the stupid shallowness of shoujo and then the retarded characters and lines in shonen. xD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually don't like sports manga either! (HATED Prince of Tennis) But the characters in this one are awesome. Not kidding, the captain of the football team goes around shooting at people with real firearms and blackmailing anyone who stands in his way. A crazy tyrant who is somehow the most loveable character EVER. This manga actually made me CRY. Which is extremely hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "shooting at people with real firearms and blackmailing anyone who stands in his way"
    Ummmmmm
    Ok :D Sure . .;
    And ORLY
    OuO
    Omoshiroii........... >:D

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's funny because he just forces people to do what he wants using fear tactics. Everyone is to afraid to say no. Except the token (and for a long time ONLY) female character. Who challenges him on a regular basis. XD lol

    And for no adequately explained reason he has pointy teeth. And elf ears. O.o

    But the anime is terrible. I don't recommend it. AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. xD Aha, that seems to happen for a number of mangas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Particularly the stuff in shounen jump. If it's a shounen jump manga, don't watch the anime, it'll almost certainly be crap on a bun. XD

    ReplyDelete