Friday, March 4, 2011

Gravitation

OhHaiDer :]


I'm back with another review.. GRAVITATION! (Deny it all you want, I know some of you actually read/watched this one c:)


Gravitation


Story & Art by: Maki Murakami
Publisher: Tokyopop
Rating:Older Teen (16+)
Synopsis:(mangafox.com) Shuichi Shindou is determined to take his band Bad Luck to the top of the Japanese pop charts. With his drive, talent, and satiny singing voice, he just might stand a chance. But Fate throws a wrench into his well-oiled machine in the form of a handsome stranger named Yuki, a romance writer with an attitude. Yuki is Shuichi's biggest critic, but as the two young artists gravitate towards each other, friendship, and perhaps something more, is sure to blossom.


Art Review: 4/5


Murakami's art is quite interesting, in my opinion. Altho I am not too fond of the head shape, I love the comedy she even incorporates in the art, with over exaggerated facial expressions and actions. It always makes me laugh when you see blood splattering all over the page from Shuichi's antics, or someone with a bullet hole through their head from K. I also like the line art of this manga, for the dramatic panels, most of the drawings come out looking very clean.


Story Review: Honestly one of the most hilarious mangas I have ever read. Surprising, since it is a guilty pleasure of mine, being a SHONEN AI. I really wouldn't classify it as such, there's enough in it at some points to be a yaoi o.o Despite the fact that half the story is NSFW, the balance of sweet love between two boys and violent comedy make this manga all the more enjoyable. I honestly look at this manga sometimes and forget Shuichi is a boy, since he acts like a heroine from a shoujo manga. It's serious enough to be riveting, but funny enough to be heartwarming. The sexual innuendos and comedic bits are a great combo for this series, I was glad to have read this one. Even tho Eiri tends to be a major asshole for majority of the manga, he's still one of my favorite characters ^ ^ Overall, not too bad of a series, pick it up if you haven't already~


8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment