Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dear My Doll - Kimito No Yakusoku

OhHaiDer :]


Sorry for the long disappearance (feels long to me.)
I've been working on art commissions xD
You can check it out here if you like:
http://heavenlysatanic.deviantart.com/
Anyway
Another thing
3000+ hits :D
That makes me happy~
Thanks to all of you who've kept on reading even though I disappear at random times.
Anyway
Today I bring you..
Dear My Doll - Kimito No Yakusoku


Dear My Doll - Kimito No Yakusoku


Story & Art: Teshirogi Shiori
Publisher: Akita Shoten
Rating: 13+
Synopsis: Story 1 (Phantom Lim): Lim and Iota live in a robot country. Lim, who is in love. Iota, whom she loves. The kind robotic maids. Lim has always thought her sunshine-filled days would go on forever, but... what is this promise Iota made with her in the past and the secret that he's keeping from her?


Art Review: 5/5


A very classy lolita/maid style that suits what I understand from the synopsis. Great detailing, gives off a very graceful air.


Story Review: The first story, Phantom Lim, starts off with some nice innocent foreshadowing. My favourite. Lim wakes up to find that this Iota fellow has wandered off somewhere and runs off after him. It is explained that humans just wiped the shit out of themselves (PREDICTABLE) and have built themselves a robot society to take care of them like in I, Robot. Lim complains that her chest hurts, even though she's fine, and Tau tells her that it's the disease of love. Aww. They have to replace this nice maid since she broke down, and the mailman comes. I don't know about the rest of you, but the mailman reminded me of this. Of course, Lim, the main character, is highly naive and has a big heart, while Iota is cruel and indifferent to love, life and 'death'. Typical, but a plot like this never seems to die. And Lim finds out that she herself is a robot, somehow able to feel love. This manga just got a lot more interesting than I thought it would have been. Iota questions how Lim could know about all the things in her memory that he deleted. Of course we know from previous manga that things just don't want to be deleted like you want to. Although, I'd wonder how Lim didn't realise that she was a robot when real human girls have things going on for them that you probably couldn't program. Then again, maybe she should take her not being human to advantage. Iota acknowledges that they love each other and there's a happy ending. I'll be quite honest, this nearly made me cry. Manly tears. The second story, Shichibouten. For some reason when they describe who they are that reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I don't know why, but when I see Yana I think of Kouichi from Nabari No Ou. It's probably the way that Yana speaks about the 'plague'. Honestly I just think of the Black Plague every time he says it. And of course, Misogi has to be the magical girl with extermination powers. Like THAT hasn't been done before. Misogi says that instead of being a princess heir or whatever it is she's supposed to be, she wants to be a slightly-poor-Tokyo-office-lady-who's-dating-a-sexy-musician-for-Korea. Dreams, darling, dreams. And it turns out that 'plagues' use the concept of negative emotion. Like every other exterminator manga. Oh gosh. I really did like the first manga though. A good, short read.


7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment